“It is He who has sent His Messenger with guidance and the world view that is based on the truth to manifest it over all other world views, although they who rely upon other than or associate partners with Allah dislike it.” (Holy Qur’an 9:33)
It has already been addressed here: https://primaquran.wordpress.com/2020/01/05/the-definitive-proof-from-the-ibadi-school-that-jesus-is-dead-and-will-not-return/
The proofs from the Ibadi school on why Jesus is both dead and not going to return to Earth.
Now we should address the ideological and problematic aspects of this belief.
1) Apathy. It makes Muslims apathetic about the need to establish justice in our communities and nations. Muslims may feel this is such a gargantuan task with all the forces aligned against us that it is neither feasible or desirable to be politically active when it is necessary to do so.
2) It feeds energy into the very ideology that helped bring down the Ottoman Khalifate. That ideology is premillennial dispensationalism =Christian Zionism.
So for example most unfortunately many of our Sufi Shaykhs and Sufi orders have fallen for this. Interestingly enough Madhkali Salafi’s have also fallen for this as well. It basically goes along the lines of this:
Have a sit down with government bodies and officials and tell them: “I am an apolitical Muslim don’t worry about me I am not a threat to your system.” “I believe that political Islam will be ushered in by Jesus Christ or some Mahdi figure or both.” “You people don’t have to worry about that because as agnostics and atheist you believe that will never happen and therefor is laughable.” “Thus you have nothing to worry about.”
3) It makes Muslims apathetic concerning the environment, recycling and conservation of energy and resources. With a belief that any moment some Mahdi or Jesus will come and save us why care about the future?
This belief is selfish as it does take into account the possibility of these events either never happening or happening not with in our life time. It behooves Muslims as the vicegerents of Allah [swt] on the Earth to be extremely conscious about what we eat, where it comes from, the carbon footprint and our care for this shared Earth.
4) It makes Israel and the Jews eternal enemies of Islam and gives ammunition to the premillennial dispensationalism aka Christian Zionist in the west to continue to fight Islam.
Such hadith as:
Ibn ‘Umar reported Allah’s Messenger (saw) as saying:
“You will fight against the Jews and you will kill them until even a stone would say: Come here, Muslim, there is a Jew (hiding himself behind me) ; kill him.”
Source: [ Sahih Muslim 2921 Book 54 Hadith 101 Book 41 Hadith 6981]
Narrated Abu Hurayrah:
“The Prophet (saw) said: There is no prophet between me and him, that is, Jesus (saw). He will descent (to the earth). When you see him, recognize him: a man of medium height, reddish fair, wearing two light yellow garments, looking as if drops were falling down from his head though it will not be wet. He will fight the people for the cause of Islam. He will break the cross, kill swine, and abolish jizyah. Allah will perish all religions except Islam. He will destroy the Antichrist and will live on the earth for forty years and then he will die. The Muslims will pray over him.”
Source: [Sunan Abi Dawud 4323 Book39 Hadith 34 Book 38 Hadith 4310]
All of this goes against what we already know and that is Jesus is dead and he will not be returning to Earth.
The moment the Muslims adopt the position of the Qur’an and the early Muslims that Jesus is dead you completely strip the Zionist of one of the most powerful tools and weapons that they use against Muslims.
We need a sober approach to Israel one in which we never, ever and I do mean never ever abandon the cause and people of Palestine. That should be a red line for Muslims.
So what is the way forward for the Muslim community?
There are 5 things that Muslim scholars, academics, teachers and those of influence should focus on.
1. Getting Muslims to study Epistemology and Ontology
This is very important because Muslims do not have simply just a faith. There is nothing in the Qur’an that would even remotely suggest this. Muslims have a deen. A deen is a world view. It is a holistic worldview concerning the material and the spiritual, the sacred and the mundane.
The fountainhead of this is Al Haqq which is one of the names of Allah [swt] in the Holy Qur’an. This means that the Muslim world view is not a materialistic world view.
In this regards I highly respect Mohamed Hijab focusing on this . I hope he translates many of his videos into Arabic, or dedicates or has an Arabic section in the future-insh’Allah. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQFHqHncPow
2. Acquiring the Arabic language. This has to be an absolute must for the revitalization of the Muslim civilization and culture. The reason being is that acquisition of the Arabic language is really important to be able into depth in understanding the Holy Qur’an as well as what the various Muslim exegetes have discussed concerning it.
I would suggest to any Muslims, especially new Muslims any one that you are with that shows no interest in teaching you the Arabic language or teaching you how to read the Qur’an is not doing you any favors.
3. Economic cooperation and integration among the Muslim communities and nations.
For example the recent summit in Kuala Lumpur was an excellent start:
Muslims need a total shift in thinking about economics and where are money goes and how it is being spent. Muslims need economic empowerment on local , community and national levels.
Any attempts to thwart this should be seen as hostile actions taken against the Muslim community.
4. tazkiyatun nafs -the purification of the self. Muslims we will never get any where as a collective until individually we purify ourselves.
This takes constant and diligent effort. It takes constant struggle with our base desires, our character flaws and that which ruins our relationships with our family members, friends, spouses, parents, coworkers and anyone else we may come into contact with.
“He indeed shall be successful who purifies himself.” [Holy Qur’an 87:14]
“Surely Allah does not change the condition of a people until they change their own condition.” [Holy Qur’an 13:11]
5. Not allowing sectarian differences to impede cooperation among the Muslims.
Muslims should work together and find as much common ground as possible.
“As for those who depart from this worldview and break up into sects, you are not with them in anything. their affair is with Allah: He will in the end tell them the truth of all that they did.” [Holy Qur’an 6:159]
The Muslims should do their best to endorse the Amman Accord:
In fact Muslims should reflect that not after this declaration was signed that powers swiftly moved against the Muslims in order to stir up sectarian strife and conflict in the middle east and else where.
” This day those who disbelieve have despaired of [defeating] your religion; so fear them not, but fear Me. This day I have perfected for you your religion and completed My favor upon you and have approved for you Islam as religion.” [Holy Qur’an 5:3]
If Muslims can focus on these five areas insh’Allah we will be on the path to creating a a beautiful, compassionate, holistic civilization.
With Allah [swt] is success.